The activities in the lesson plan focus on medically important pathogens and the test results from lab tests that are used to identify these pathogens. The activity also includes an educator’s guide providing step-by-step instructions and resources.
This Lesson Features:
- Lesson Outcomes & Overview
- Initial Discussion Questions
- Getting to Know Bacteria Chart Activity
- Getting to Know Mycobacteria Chart Activity
- Getting to Know Yeast Chart Activity
- Lab Module Walkthrough
- Chart Activity Answer Keys
GIDEON Module Highlighted in the Lesson:
This lesson plan uses GIDEON’s Lab Module to provide an interactive tool to be used by the students to determine a pathogen based on results found “in the lab” and provided on their charts. This module features two different and distinct user interfaces that can be used to complete the activities.