The activities in the lesson plan focus on infectious diseases. Each activity also includes an educator’s guide providing step-by-step instructions and resources.
This Lesson Features:
- Lesson Outcomes & Overview
- Initial Discussion
- Common Types of Pathogens Activity
- Explore Module Walkthrough
- Brief History of Infectious Diseases
- Make Your Own Disease Timeline Activity
- Outbreak Investigations
- Emerging & Reemerging Infectious Diseases
- Infectious Disease Crossword Puzzle Activity
GIDEON Module Highlighted in the Lesson:
This lesson plan uses GIDEON’s Explore Module to provide information on infectious diseases and their outbreaks. This information includes the history of the disease, clinical information, and epidemiological data. This module provides a comprehensive overview of each disease, which is beneficial for teaching about disease spread and its effects.