Over the years GIDEON has added new features and now we’re making changes to improve access and simplify the interface.
We are rolling out a refresh of the GIDEON web app user interface that focuses on simplification.
These changes include:
- Type down: Search terms appear as you type.
- Suggestions: Subjects related to the items you’re typing appear to easily reach the content you want.
- Unified search and diagnosis: Specify if you’re looking for a diagnosis by choosing a sign or symptom from the Clinical Presentation list.
Enhanced User Interface
- Screen size utilization: Content is centered and resized to take advantage of larger screen real estate.
- Easier to select Diseases, Drugs or Vaccines to compare.
- Switched maps from Flash to HTML 5: HTML 5 browsers are more ubiquitous than flash plugin, and maps will now work on iPhones and iPads.
- Improving interaction on mobile devices: lists have been optimized to work better on mobile devices. These are steps we’re taking to make GIDEON work easily wherever you are.
- Reduced popups: screen popups have been replaced with CSS popups which allow a one window experience on tablets.
Removed rarely used functions
- Infectious Diseases and Microbiology focus: Toxicology module removed since beta demonstrated little usage of the content.
- Travel streamlined: Travel in Infectious Diseases is focused on GIDEON content removing content available directly on CDC website.
We would love to receive feedback on these changes.