are available in each of the three modules:
- Infectious Diseases: contains two personal note options
- In the first option (in the main window), you can add information regarding a specific patient whose signs and symptoms you have already entered. Such information might include the patient’s name, telephone number, ongoing medications, prior illnesses, and insurance and billing data, etc.
- In the second option (in the Diagnosis information window), you can include information on a disease, local or hospital experience with a specific disease, incidence, important telephone numbers, details regarding prior cases of the disease, and printed or electronic articles. When a note is entered in this option, it will also appear automatically for that disease in the Toxicology module.
- Toxicology: allows for storing of any further data regarding specific drugs and vaccines, for example pricing, ongoing studies, and pharmacy contact numbers. Custom data might include local or hospital experience with a specific disease, such as incidence, important telephone numbers, details regarding prior cases of the disease, and printed or electronic articles, etc.
- Microbiology: contains two personal note options:
- The first (in the main window) allows for recording of additional information regarding an isolate that you wish to save in the module.
- The second (in the Microbiology information window) is for insertion of additional information, for example a specific taxon (Bacteria, Yeast, Mycobacteria), local experience, details regarding submission of specimens, and important contact personnel.
- Text can be copied into the custom notes from any site in your computer, such as a word processor, the internet, computerized indices, e-mails, or hospital charts. The desired data can be copied using the “Edit” options of the external program (or by selecting, and pressing Ctrl-C). Next, open GIDEON, access the relevant custom note screen, and select the Paste option from the Edit main menu.
- You can also save your notes using the button next to the Notes box.
- In the Institutional version, this option is editable only by the administrator.